Unlock all Skills at Level 1 (Advantages)

You have any suggestions for us?
sara

Unlock all Skills at Level 1 (Advantages)

Post by sara » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 am

Hi, I think starting at level 30 is best as everyone has similar stats and skills so all match-up will be balanced and those who like leveling can still do so from 30-60 as seen on my other thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27.

However, if for some reason you don't like that suggestion then I suggest Unlocking every Skills at Level 1 Permanently as it provides many advantages such as the following:

More Balanced Match-Ups
  • As there's usually only 1 room, there won’t be Dedicated Low Lvls rooms like old kicks so they will play against High Lvls. While the Stat gap is huge, Match-Ups will be more Balanced if all skills are unlocked at start.
  • At least Low Lvls will be able to Counter all skills such as WF Turn round kick, ST Flying shot and SM able to do more Cross variety etc. which result in more Interesting Plays.
  • If a team do not have FW/MF/DF, players won’t mind changing Character to Balance since they don’t have to grind their current one to unlock skills at 30.
  • If a New Player joins and no one decides to switch out, 1 team won’t feel like a total handicap as the Low Lvl will be able to help more with All Main skills unlocked.
Variety of characters to play and More Fun
  • More Variety of characters to play and able to level different characters at same time instead of the usual grinding 1 to 30 at once and get bored half way.
  • More Fun to level up with all skills unlocked from start.
  • With all unlocked skills at Lvl 1, the Match-Ups will be more Equal which makes the game more enjoyable and less likely to quit.
Players will more likely to keep playing the game
  • Long Time Players who don’t like grinding anymore to unlock skills will more likely to play.
  • New Players will find it easier to get into the game with more Balanced Match-Ups.
  • Will prevent Botting as some players bot only to unlock skills as there’s usually only 1 room and sometimes they couldn't get in or they don’t have time to grind. If you ban them, you lose a potential player but if all skills are unlocked at start, it’s likely they will continue playing.

BoneS

Re: Unlock all Skills at Level 1 (Advantages)

Post by BoneS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 am

I like your dedication of trying to be active and give new ideas that might help players . However even if people get all skills unlocked at level 1 , no matter how good you are , you can't counter a lvl 20 , let alone lvl 30 decent player . You simply dont have the needed speed to keep up with him.

sara

Post by sara » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:19 pm

It still helps but I agree with you starting at Level 30 with access to all skills like on my other thread is better than Level 1 with unlocked skills here.

Perhaps slightly increase the XP needed from Level 30-60 so those who like leveling can still do so while those who do not like grinding or do not have time to grind also due to lack of rooms or just want to play casually for a few rounds will not be at a significant disadvantage. By starting at Level 30, match-ups will be more balanced which makes the game more enjoyable.

BoneS

Post by BoneS » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 am

We used to be all level 60 during the alpha , trust me it wasn't enjoyable for nobody. Leveling gives people a purpose to play. Besides you get from 1 to 18 in 2-3 hours and you get to 30 in a couple of days.

sara

Post by sara » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:50 am

That was level 60 though, not 30 and you can still level up from 30 to 60, just bring the 60K XP over. Even if leveling was quicker here, the game is still losing out on players who don't like grinding at all or just want to have more equal match every time they come on to play i.e. prefer skill based instead of level based. I know Kicks require skills but again level 1 and 30 is unequal due to lack of skills to counter certain shots and will have even worst stat gap when the cap reaches level 60. If not 30, possibly decrease the 60k XP to hit 30 by half and bring them over to 30+. There needs to be some kind of balance which cater to both kind of players to increase player count.

BoneS

Post by BoneS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:23 am

No true balance can be developed at the moment due to the huge difference in skill levels of veterans and newbies. To have a good balance means that newbies should play with newbies and veterans should play with vets. The opportunity to use all skills won't make a difference if you haven't developed a proper playstyle before. I would even say that the exp rates at the moment are high af , which is not good for new players because they get to 30 before they know how to properly run. In previous versions of kicks you needed 56k to 18 , now you need 61k for 30. And you want an even further increase...its just absurd.

sara

Post by sara » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:10 am

You keep thinking like this is old kicks with dedicated low level rooms for noobs to learn. There isn't any more and level 1 newbie will play with level 60 so tell me how would he learn better with such a huge gap?

It's not like kicks is such a complicated game where you need to grind for hours to learn a play style. Even if a newbie takes longer to learn so what? At most 1 team will have a lvl 30 newbie instead of level 1 newbie but who cares it's just levels and if a noob never learn means he will never learn no matter how long he plays and a pro will always be a pro even if he only started the game for a short while. Times are changing and most people do not like grinding games any more like what Reka said in chat.

In fact, if levels are closer, the newbie will learn even faster just like how low levels play against similar levels in old kicks as matches are equal even if some low levels are more skillful than others. You bring a new lvl 1 player and play with level 60, you think they will stay playing this game for long? Eventually players will quit and without new players there will be no game.

BoneS

Post by BoneS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 am

What reka meant by saying that the majority of kicks community ( who play from 10 or more years , dont have the time to grind). Some of those people have families , 99% have jobs and stuff. Sure , some of the new players might be not very young too, however we(the older players) have experience in the game.No matter how talented a new player is , he can never outmatch a player with 10 years of experience. He needs to develop skill , reactions and stuff. As a wise person once said : Kicks is an easy game to pick-up , but it is also hard to master.

sara

Post by sara » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Looks like there is less players now as level cap keeps getting higher.

Most new players will not want to play against high levels without lvl 30 counter skills and stats.

Not talking about just players who are new to the game but those who played kicks long ago, they won't want to start from lvl 1 vs lvl 45+ too even with increased xp rates.